Friday 18 December 2009

Some honest thoughts

This has been a tough year - my back injury a few months back has in all honest really messed me up. I have good days and bad days but really it needs a lot of rest - something i can't do at the moment. That is why i have been sitting down in the last few Ustream gigs. Its even changed my playing - much more laid back and reflective I suppose. Odd really. On Sunday myself and my friend Sonny(engineer and double bassist) had a bit of a play on Ustream and recorded the results: I really enjoyed playing with a double bassist. Was fun. Last night I wen to see Them Crooked Vultures - they were amazing - what a rhythm section - John Paul Jones bass player was great, cool bass sound. I bet Jimmy Page is seething about this - TCV are like all the good bits of Zep(the Houses Of The Holy style riffing) with none of the embaressing stuff(Stairway and all that ooh yeah crap). Take it easy Matt

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thanks, good listening

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails