Sunday 28 February 2010

Sunday Free Noodle 4

This week’s noodle is:

Matt Stevens(guitars/loops) - West Green(Loft Dub) - recorded in 2007 live to digital tape.(Lost song version)

It was recorded in my old loft apartment/converted factory by me live into, I think garageband. It was recorded before I got my LR Baggs pickups so the guitar sound is very “electro acoustic” and for some bizarre reason slightly chorusy. I have no idea why. Never did really get on with those Fishman pickups.

This song was part of a rehearsal tape i recorded which was on my old hard drive which died, the rest of it was all lost. The only reason I have this is because I sent it to Graham from the Its A Frogs Life Podcast who passed it on to Pete Cogle from The PC podcast. Recently i emailed Pete to send him some new music and he said he remembered this song and sent me it as an MP3, bloody nice bloke.

The end is me messing with the time delay on the DL4 hitting the guitar messing with the controls. Fun.

More noodles next week.

Listen here:


Powered by Podbean.com


Subscribe to my podcast feed here and get the Sunday Free Noodle every week: subscribe_itunes_a

Don't like itunes? Here the RSS feed for the #sundayfreenoodle feed://mattstevens.podbean.com/feed/

Remember you can get my album and "name your price" here
About The Sunday Free Noodle

The Sunday Free Noodle project is a free MP3 ever week - remixes, collaborations, live stuff, spoken word stuff and other odd things - for the next year. 52 MP3’s (thats alot). I think it will be a challenge to keep this going and I’m really looking forward to doing it - please subscribe to the podcast feed on itunes to get it free every week and tell me what you think(yes you can say if you think if its crap). I hope you enjoy it.

This project has only really come about because i have injured my back and have had a chance to go through my hard drives whilst lying on the floor with the laptop on my chest. Odd how things happen.

I really it want to be a collaborative process. Let me know - if you are a remixer, cellist, vocalist, percussionist, film maker,trumpet player or visual artist or anything else let me know(although I draw the line at juggling) . Perhaps i could send you some stuff(loops and noodles) to add something to?

Speak soon


Matt
Speak Soon Matt Stevens www.mattstevensguitar.com mattstevensguitar@btinternet.com

2 comments:

Graham Holland said...

Yes, Pete Cogle is a bloody nice bloke :-)

TFATDHQ said...

Well there is a lot of great people in the podcasting community :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails