Monday 30 August 2010

Would you have invested so much effort in online marketing strategies if your back injury hadn't kept you from playing music instead?

Brilliant question. I wouldn't have had time to be honest. So no - i mean I'd rather be player loads but it really means a lot to me to have this relationship with the audience and the only way to do that is to build it up online.

I've met some really lovely people along the way and acquired lots of useful skills as well, so i am glad I did it. I don't really see it as marketing as much as doing interesting stuff to keep me sane. There is no hard sell there and most of the stuff i do makes no money directly but hopefully builds goodwill and you get this honest relationship with the listeners.

I've also learned how supportive people can be if they like you and your music, amazing really. I've been lucky with the audience I've got.

Ask me anything

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails