Thursday 10 November 2011

Relic Track By Track part 5 - Rushden Fair

Rushden Fair

I'm from a place called Rushden, in Northamptonshire. I have many happy memories of the place and some less so. Rushden fair still comes to town every year, always a bit grim with a threat of violence from a visit from "the Wellingborough lot". Its a bit depressing but I've had some fun times there, its held in Spencer Park which is a song on my first record Echo.

This is a really empty arrangement, until the middle. The added chord bit is a bit Pixies but its in straight 3/4. The part after the middle bit reminds me of Zoe Keating who's music i really enjoy. Shes an amazing looping cellist.

Steve Grant recorded a great piano version of it and you can listen to that here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8855283/Music/Rushden%20fair%20prototype.mp3

I think I prefer this version :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails