Sunday 5 February 2012

Music that has an impact - Shhh festival.

All the best gigs make you think about music in a different way.



We played at the Shhhh Festival last night/afternoon in Bethnal Green. Was fun and odd to present The Fierce And The Dead in an acoustic context, I'm not sure it felt 100% to me but people seemed to like it. Its normally a lot noisier. The new stuff worked well thou. Our 6/8 and 4/4 new song went better than expected.

We recorded a version of The Wait for The Local video channel, just me and Steve in a room with 2 acoustic guitars, a full on brightly lit TV studio type thing. No room for error but it seemed to go OK. Lots of interesting music. I really enjoyed Stranded Horse, interesting and inspiring folk Kora stuff. Unfortunately I was so tired I fell asleep at the front of the gig during his set. Bugger. He was really good and it wasn't a reflection on his music, I was just really tired.


It was a very cosy atmosphere and audience were lovely. 

RM Hubbert was on as well and his set was amazing, really made me think about what I'm doing with the music I play. The honesty in what he is doing is really impressive and i love his playing. Really musical in the truest sense, not flash but class. This song really moved me:




I've been through a bit of an emotional time recently and it really had an impact. I brought his new album at the gig and it is stunning. 

The best gigs make you think about them for a long time afterwards. 

Travelling home through the snow was crazy, I hope everyone had a safe journey. Snow really messes London up. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails